We’ve all heard about the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, but do you know about the Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks? Me either! But they happen. The fireworks display made its debut on the Hudson River in 1958 but then moved to the East River in 1976. It remained there as a tradition up until last year when it returned to the Hudson River for the 400th anniversary of the discovery of the Hudson River by Henry Hudson. So, the fireworks display will be at the Hudson River once again this year.
- The Westside Highway
- New Jersey – Check out the Hudson River Promedade from the New Jersey side
- NY Waterway Tours – Cruises around the Hudson River are $75 a person
- Circle Line Cruise – Their July 4th cruise tickets are $79
- Hudson Terrace – The Terrace rooftop packages start at $150
- The Flight Deck of the USS Intrepid – tickets are $100 per person
- Pier 83 – The have a barbeque that costs $79
But if you don’t live in the New York area, try tuning into NBC to catch the festivities while hosting your own party. They will be broadcasting live on Norwegian Cruise Lines with live performances by the likes of Justin Bieber, Enrique Iglasias and the cast of Twilight.